You are a missionary. If you have been regenerated, made new, you are a disciple of Jesus Christ. Jesus has graciously chosen us to be the vehicle for which the gospel message is delivered. You are the messenger.
You are called by God to go. Go where?
Wherever your feet touch the ground.
We all want to leave this world knowing that we made a difference, that we influenced one life for the glory of God. We have dreams of grandeur. We have dreams of proclaiming Jesus from mountaintops, from large platforms that overlook huge crowds. We want to speak at camps, conferences, and revivals.
God does not give everyone the same platform.
Not everyone can be Mark Driscoll, Perry Noble, Steven Furtick, or Francis Chan.
Besides, if you won’t tell one person about Jesus…you won’t tell 12,000.
We are called to tell the world about Jesus and how he ransacked our life with the gospel and now we are redeemed with a brand new life.
We are called to tell the world.
The world means:
- Your neighbor across the street
- The barista at Starbucks
- Your server at your favorite restaurant
- The person that refills your coffee at Waffle House
- The man that sits in the cubicle next to you at work
- The lady that helps you find clothes for your toddler at Target
- The tribe of people that you go to on your church’s mission trip
- The homeless guy holding a sign downtown
- Every person regardless of race, sex, country of origin and culture background
Do you want to truly reach 12,000 people with the message of Jesus?
Start with one.
You have to get over your fear of rejection. You have to get over the fear of being made fun of, ridiculed, persecuted, or whatever your fear is. God did not give you a spirit of fear.
The same Holy Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead now lives in YOU, disciple of Jesus.
Start with one. One becomes two. Two becomes three. Three becomes 100. 100 becomes 200. 200 becomes 500. 500 becomes 12,000.
You may never reach 12,000 people on your own. However, when you are a disciple that makes disciples, you are multiplying and then you teach those disciples to go and do the same.
Start with one.