Starting today, I am introducing a new series of posts called the Weekly Wrap Up. I will post the most interesting things that I have read from around the web and place them here all in one spot for you. Enjoy.
It is hard to believe that 2011 is almost over. A lot of events have taken place this year and if you fail to pay attention, it is almost as if time passes you by. I cannot believe that my son will be 2 in a few more months. I feel like yesterday I was holding him as a newborn in the hospital.
- The Temple: Solomon began to build the “house of the Lord” in 1 Kings 6. This temple would be the place where the Lord would dwell among his people. Paul, in the NT, refers to our bodies as the temples where the Holy Spirit now dwells. http://ow.ly/8cZmg
- Busy Or Just Distracted?Have you ever noticed how many people use the word busy as an excuse for willingly allowing themselves to be distracted? http://ow.ly/8cZGs
- Go Fish 4:The Bible also says that the angels rejoice when a lost person comes to know Christ. When the last soul is saved and their name is written in the Lamb’s book of life, the trumpet will sound and Jesus and His angels will come and take us to heaven to live forever! http://ow.ly/8cZQM
- Bruschetta Chicken Bake: Simple, easy, and good would describe this dish. I made it for my wife and she thought it was good too. I enjoy trying out new recipes and then tweaking them to suit my family. I hope you enjoy this one. http://ow.ly/8d01X
- Steven Furtick – You Are Not Francis Chan http://ow.ly/8d06E
- A Reaction Paper to Domestic Violence: Domestic violence is a serious issue. The violent attacks are usually by men towards women. This issue is not stereotypical to only one type of lifestyle. Domestic violence can occur whether the people involved are rich or poor. http://ow.ly/8d0hB
- Mark Driscoll Talks About Jehovah’s Witnesses http://ow.ly/8d0ls
- Go Fish 3: It is the purpose for whichyou have been called. How many people are going to hell because you have never said a word to them? http://ow.ly/8d0tQ
- A Little About FaithPoint:We love Jesus. We love people and we love the gospel. We desire to make disciples, train men, develop pastors, send missionaries and plant churches. http://ow.ly/8d0zg
- Discipleship 101 Friendship: Genesis 4 – Am I my brother’s keeper? Short answer yes. http://ow.ly/8d0GN
- Christ Is Your Life:Why do people not value the truth in Scripture? Is the pastor wasting his time?
People will go to work for 8 hours, sleep 6-7 hours, watch a football game for 3 hours, watch a movie for 2 hours, spend 2-3 hours playing video games or on facebook or watching TV and these same people will get mad if a preacher goes longer than 35-40 minutes in his sermon. http://ow.ly/8d0NT
The title for this sermon is The Vessel That God Uses.
Our text comes from the Book of Acts 9:32-43.
I am not one for making New Year’s resolutions. Most New Year’s resolutions are superficial. People say things and never really intend on following through. Look at the increase of gym memberships that go up in January only to have people give up by February.
- Put your whole being into living life. Let every part of you be engaged in every situation that you are in.
- Realize that your life is in the hands of the Creator, God. He does nothing out of routine. Your life is neither routine or mundane. There is nothing boring about you because you are His.
- When you pray, worship, talk with friends, spend time with family, eat at a table with guests, read the Bible, listen to a sermon, dance, play…engage! Be present. Do not waste time by thinking about the past or what is yet to come. Be now. Be alert. Be with it. Go all out and leave it all on the court.
- Each day is a new beginning. Live each day to its fullest. Go to bed with no regrets.
- Every day that God gives you breath is another day you get to glorify him with how you spend it.
This is awesome.
A special thank you to United Media Legal for this being shown on YouTube. Merry Christmas.