Catalyst 2011 really resonated with me. Especially the talks by Judah Smith and Priscilla Shirer. My biggest takeaway was I have no reason that I should ever be insecure as a pastor. God has placed me where I am and God has ordered my steps and before time again God has pre-orchestrated the work that He wants me to accomplish.
What does this mean for me and you?
- I do not need anyone’s approval. I do not need anyone to tell me that my sermon was awesome or amazing or pathetic. I just need to study the Word and preach with all boldness and confidence the sermon that God has placed in me and preach it to the best of my ability unapologetically.
- I have no one to fear. No one can or should intimidate me. God has already prepared the work that he designed me to accomplish. I will walk in His way because he orders my steps.
- There is no software, curriculum, book, conversation, magic spell or special formula that is going to grow the church or equip the saints or disciple people. I will preach only Jesus! Jesus alone. Jesus the Christ, crucified for our sins and risen from the dead!
- The power of the Holy Spirit that raised Christ from the dead lives in me and because of that, I have the power to accomplish what God has designed me to accomplish.
- My boldness and confidence is not in any technology, any person, or any book. My boldness and confidence is in Jesus and Jesus alone.