What you need:
- 1/2 cup of Zesty Italian lite or reduced fat dressing
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 8-10 chicken tenderloins
- 2 cups of brown rice, uncooked
- 1 1/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups of chopped broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups of tomatoes – fresh or canned
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. For a more cheesy dish, try a mixed blend of cheeses.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
Heat the dressing in a large nonstick skillet on medium – high heat. Add chicken. Cook for 2-3 minutes and stir.
Stir in rice, broth, onion, and broccoli. Bring to a boil, cover. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 5-8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender. Let stand covered until the liquid is absorbed.
Add tomatoes and cheese – stir until well blended.
Try it out. What did you think? Hit up the comments.