My lovely wife surprised me with a Kindle reader on Christmas day. It was funny because I had no idea. All I had received on Christmas day was clothes and deodorant and body wash. I assumed that she just wanted her husband to take a shower and dress better.
On Christmas night, we went to my mother-in-law’s house to open gifts. To my amazement, that is when she gave it to me. Apparently, I had one of those shocked, jaw-dropping looks on my face. (We cannot let that picture get out.)
The Kindle is a great gift for a book junkie (like me) who loves to spend time reading. I don’t read a lot of fiction or novels but I do like books that help me to think and provoke my spiritual growth. I also like comic books but I do not think the Kindle supports DC’s or Marvel’s digital comics.
I enjoy the fact that the Kindle supports a wide variety of eBook formats. So now I have books on my Kindle that I do not have to read on my computer anymore unless I want to.
Here are the 15 books on my Kindle that I will dive into this year:
- Brainwashed by Seth Godin
- The Grace of God by Andy Stanley
- Confessions by Augustine
- Knock-knock by Seth Godin
- A Hunger For God by John Piper
- ROAR by Alvin Reid
- Pastor Dad by Mark Driscoll
- In Christ Alone – Living the Gospel Centered Life by Sinclair Ferguson
- Stand – A Call for the Endurance of the Saints by John Piper
- What Matters Now by Seth Godin
- The Supremacy of Christ in a Postmodern World by John Piper
- Sex and the Supremacy of Christ by John Piper
- Permission To Speak Freely by Anne Jackson
- God is the Gospel by John Piper
- Preaching and the Emerging Church by John Bohannon
Do you have a Kindle or another type of eBook reader? Do you enjoy reading books without an eReader? What books do you plan on reading in 2011? Hit up the comments.